One of my favorite hair products that I found on EcoMom.
Hear ye, hear ye…calling all green shoppers. You heard me right, folks! The long awaited re-launch of Ecomom is finally coming to an end. So glad my favorite green retailer is reopening just in time for me to replenish my supply of Peter Lamas Chinese Herbs hair products.
And now the countdown is on! And we green shoppers don’t have long to wait. Ecomom relaunches in just 3 short days…count ‘em…three!
EcoMom is going to have some “hot deals“to celebrate their reopening. Here’s a sneak peek…$5 off orders of $50 for new customers and FREE SHIPPING off of orders over $49 among others.
WHY GREEN SHOPPERS LOVED ECOMOM
I’ve found some of my all time favorite green products on EcoMom. It had become my go-to place for green shopping and the best part was that EcoMom vetted their products before stocking them and had categories telling customers why they were considered “green”. Sure makes shopping easy for busy green mamas.
EcoMom was also famous for their killer deals! They continually offered vouchers for green shoppers on coupons sites like PlumDistrict. Just a tip…if you see one, snag it. It’s a good deal….really good. And if you find more than one, snag ‘em both…trust me on this one. You’ll be glad you did.
Eco-friendly, green shopping can be tough. It’s hard to know what is worth your time and money and it takes time to research great products that are healthy for you and non-harmful to the environment. And while oftentimes going green can actually be a cheaper option if you know the tricks of the trade, other things are more expensive, such as my favorite conditioner. EcoMom took care of both of those problems for us…great deals, great products. I have high hopes that it will be as wonderful a company as it used to be.
I’ll give you more info on June 17…opening day! Green shoppers, unite!
This is me jumping up and down! I can hardly believe it, but it’s true…EcoMom is reopening its doors this summer! Yay! There have been so many times over the past couple months that I’ve run out of something and thought…”hmmm, where can I find that for a reasonable price now that EcoMom is gone?” I’m glad this hurdle will be short lived.
So here’s the skinny. EcoMom has been purchased by etailz, Inc., the parent company of Green Cupboards. Green Cupboards is another purveyor of curated, pre-screened eco-friendly products. Seems like a great fit to me. Check out the “eco-traits” page of GreenCupboards…they are doing some great stuff…so I have very high hopes that etailz will be able to carry on the unique vision of EcoMom.
So the EcoMom reopening will happen sometime in “early summer” 2013. Anyone else as excited as I am? Don’t worry…I’ll keep you posted!
Today is Earth Day!
It’s a day of awareness of all things “green” and it can be a great time to try out something green for around your house. I wasn’t planning on this post, but I kept finding such great deals on green stuff that I had to share them. So here’s my top list of the best Earth Day deals!
Spoonk Organic Accupressure Mat
Spoonk Acupressure Mats…I’m addicted to mine and use it everyday. I HIGHLY recommend the organic one. The price is amazing for this mat…(47% off) $36…normally $60 …today only!
- Conscious Boxes: On Totsy and Plum District today for half off a 3-month subscription of food and home goods. Been dying to try this one for several months and I finally bit the bullet and snagged the voucher. I can’t wait to get my first box in the mail! (Update on this…after 3 months of getting my Conscious Boxes in the mail, I LOVED them!)
- Great Cash Back Deals on FatWallet. My fave is $10 off $25 at Origins.
- Kids Organic Sleepwear & HAPE Eco-Collection: Starts at 8pm central on Totsy. Featuring Agabang, PB Couture and New Jammies. Our kids have Agabang and New Jammies and we love them both…super cute and I would recommend them as great organic PJ’s. I’m setting an alarm to check back when the sale starts later tonight. We also have a few HAPE toys and love them. They make terrific gifts for kid b-day parties!
Agabang Organic Kids PJ’s
- 25% off Lunch Bots: Perfect for packing healthy lunches for grown ups or kids.
- TONS of Earth Day Deals on Zulily! There are too many to list them all…a few are: Make Love, Not Trash, lots of organic apparel for babys, kids and moms, including maternity. Also, eco-friendly shoes, eco-friendly bath sale, AMAZING outdoor sale with greenhouses, rain barrels, compost bins and lots more…the greenhouses are absolutely drool-worthy…one of my “wish-list” items!
- Eco-Chic Nursery: If you’re shopping for nursery stuff, this is the sale for you! Possibly the CUTEST nursery furniture ever…I especially love the toy boxes, but there are cribs, Nook mattresses, changing tables and more. Completely adorable!
- 4 Great Sales on PlumDistrict: $30 for $60 Clean Couture Eco-Friendly Home & Body Care, Melissa & Doug toys, $20 for $40 for Babo botanicals skincare for
Lunch bots stainless steel food containers
kids, and Conscious boxes. We use Babo botanicals and love them! Plus you can buy 2 vouchers for Babo and you get an additional 20% off the second deal so the second voucher ends up being $16 for $40…AWESOME DEAL for a great product!
- Non-toxic kids toys at Little Rue, including MiYim, books and adorable wooden puzzles.
- Great eco-kitchen deals…yoga sale, reuseable lunch items, earth pans and refurbished kitchen appliances. We got a refurb coffee grinder here over a year ago for a great deal and it was like new…no problems. This is my go-to for high-end refurb appliances. I love buying refurbished b/c it keeps an appliance out of the landfill and is cheaper than buying a brand new one. Plus whatever was going to go wrong on the product already has and the problem has been fixed.
Update on 3/18/13: I just checked EcoMom again, as I do every few days in hopes that maybe…just maybe…they might come back, and the notice on their website has changed. There is an option for people interested in acquiring the company. If you know anyone…
It is with a sad heart that I share the news that my very favorite company to purchase green, non-toxic and organic baby/kid/parenting products has shut its doors….EcoMom.com.
For those of you who have ever shopped on EcoMom, you know what I mean. EcoMom had a strong commitment to bringing families the best product out there and they did all the research for us, so we knew we could trust the items they hand-picked for their store. They had parent reviews, a ratings system for how products “made the cut” and why they were considered non-toxic.
If you’ve never shopped on EcoMom, you missed out on a truly fantastic site and one that will be SORELY missed in the parenting sector. Every couple days I hopefully check the site that maybe it was all in my head…but no, EcoMom has shut its doors.
For those of you who want to read more, here’s an article with some in-depth information on what happened to EcoMom and why. I can only hope another company will catch the vision that EcoMom started. What an inroads they made for green parents everywhere…and what a resource they were…EcoMom…I miss you already!