Sometimes the simplest things in life are the most effective, such as using coconut oil lotion for intense skin benefits. Did you know that coconut oil makes a really lovely stand in for regular lotion and in fact has WAY more benefits?
Benefits of Using Coconut Oil Lotion…There are SO many, but here are a few:
- Antiviral – Yes! Coconut oil eliminates or inhibits growth of viruses
- Exfoliates – Coconut oil is a natural exfoliant for your skin. It works by removing dead skin cells.
- Moisturizes – Coconut oil moisturizes skin by absorbing deeply into the skin. It provides healing moisture, not just a superficial coating.
- Anti-aging – Again, you read that correctly! Coconut oil DOES help with wrinkles due to its vitamin E content. I am here to tell you that I’ve noticed a difference in my 30-something self after using coconut oil lotion over the past couple years.
- Baby soft skin – Using coconut oil lotion results in baby soft skin. It’s awesome!
- Sunscreen – Coconut oil has an SPF of 4 naturally and makes a great light layer of sunscreen for short outings. I’ve used it on myself and my kids all summer. We’ve used it anytime we’ve been outside (even swimming) for less than an hour and a half and we’ve had fantastic results. No burns, gorgeous tans all around!
- Healing – Coconut oil heals the skin and is known for its many restorative properties.
- Babies – This is a great alternative to baby lotion after a baby’s bath time and massages easily into the skin.
Here are My Two Favorite Brands of Coconut Oil for Lotion
As when using coconut oil for anything, you want to find one that you’d be willing to eat. Extra-virgin and organic is the way to go when shopping for coconut oil. Here are my 2 faves:
Using Coconut Oil for Radiant Skin
This is a really fun tip! Spread a thin layer of coconut oil on your legs, arms, and chest in the summertime and you’ll notice a very subtle, but beautiful glow on your skin. Make sure to give it a little time to absorb into your skin…10 minutes should do the trick and you’ll soon have radiant, healthy looking skin.